- Singer and actress, Doris Day (1922)
- Actor, Marlon Brando (1924, died 2004)
- British politician, Tony Benn (1925, died 2014)
- British actor, William Gaunt (1937)
- American singer and entertainer, Wayne Newton (1942)
- English stage and film director, producer, writer and actor. Jonathan Lynn (1943)
- American singer, Tony Orlando (1944)
Actor Alec Baldwin is 60 today
Alec Baldwin is an American actor, writer, producer, and comedian. A member of the Baldwin family, he is the eldest of the four Baldwin brothers, all actors. Baldwin first gained recognition appearing on seasons 6 and 7 of the CBS television drama Knots Landing. He has played both leading and supporting roles in films such as the horror comedy fantasy film Beetlejuice (1988), as Jack Ryan in the action thriller The Hunt for Red October (1990), and the superhero film The Shadow (1994).
- Comic actress Sally Thomsett (1950)
- Frasier actor, David Hyde Pierce (1959)
- Beverly Hills Cop star, Eddie Murphy (1961)
Ex-Skid Row frontman, Sebastian Bach is 50 today
Sebastian Bach, is a Canadian heavy metal singer who achieved mainstream success as frontman of Skid Row from 1987 to 1996. He continues a solo career, acted on Broadway, and has made appearances in film and television.
Educating Marmalade actress, Charlotte Coleman would have been 50 years ago today (died 2001)
Charlotte Coleman was an English actress best known for playing Scarlett in the film Four Weddings and a Funeral, Jess in the television drama Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit, and her childhood roles of Sue in Worzel Gummidge and the character Marmalade Atkins. Coleman died of an acute asthma attack aged 33.
- Author F. Scott Fitzgerald married novelist Zelda Fitzgerald (1920)
- Actress and singer Doris Day married producer Martin Melcher (1951)
- American actor, Warren Oates (1982, born 1928)
- English “Brighton Rock” novelist, Graham Greene (1991, born 1904)
- British composer, Lionel Bart (1999, born 1930)